9.21.2008

Diem Chau

I LOVE how Diem Chau uses ordinary, everyday objects in such an elegant & quirky way.
Her narratives are so beautifully crafted. Each piece leaves me with a sense of awe. And always a smile.

(Crayon commissions are available upon request.)

As a long time admirer, I am excited to see Diem gaining more and more attention in the media and on the web. This month she is on the cover of Fiber Arts magazine! Currently exhibiting @ the Pulliam Deffenbaugh Gallery in Portland, Oregon through Sept. 27th.

I contacted Diem last week to see if/and when she might be exhibiting in the San Francisco bay area. And much to my delight, she will be in a two-person show @ the Mark Wolfe Contemporary Nov. 4th through Dec. 24th. So, if you’re in the bay area - mark your calendars for the chance to see these really wonderful pieces in person. (Don’t worry I’ll remind you – because I’m REALLY excited!)

To see more visit Diem Chau's website.

No comments: